Is Colin Kaepernick about to rejoin the NFL? Not so fast. But there is finally some possible movement in that direction.
Colin Kaepernick To Show The NFL What He’s Made Of
Ever since 2016, Kaep has been out of a job. Stemming from his protest of racial injustice and police brutality. Everybody remembers him taking a knee during several pregame national anthems.
Kaepernick opted out of his contract with the San Francisco 49ers in March 2017.
Representatives for Kaep stated last month that the quarterback has been “working out five days a week, for three years, in preparation to play again.” However, the opportunity had not presented itself.
Well now there is a new development.
On Tuesday, NFL clubs were invited to a private workout to be held for free-agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick. The event is to take place on Saturday in Atlanta, as reported by ESPN. Set to take place at the Falcons’ facility, it will be administered by the president of National Football Scouting, Jeff Foster.
Kaep To Work Out And Be Interviewed
Though closed to the media, the workout will be conducted by former NFL coaches.
Not only will they get to see Kaep on the field, but he will also participate in an interview. All 32 teams are invited to attend and record the workout.
According to the memo sent to the NFL teams, the league stated –
“Earlier this year, we discussed some possible steps with his representatives and they recently emphasized his level of preparation and that he is ready to work out for clubs and be interviewed by them. We have therefore arranged this opportunity for him to work out, and for all clubs to have the opportunity to evaluate his current readiness and level of interest in resuming his NFL career.”
Kaepernick tweeted about the workout Tuesday night:
I’m just getting word from my representatives that the NFL league office reached out to them about a workout in Atlanta on Saturday. I’ve been in shape and ready for this for 3 years, can’t wait to see the head coaches and GMs on Saturday.
Several Teams Showing Interest in Kaepernick’s Work Out Event
As for which teams –
- One source from an unknown NFC teams stated, “We have nothing to lose by attending Kaepernick’s workout, but I still think for us it would just be an information-gathering trip,”
- The Dallas Cowboys will send at least one rep to the workout, according to a source
- Brian Flores, coach for the Miami Dolphins told reporters Wednesday that his team will have a representative at the workout. He also stated that he likes his team’s quarterback situation but that the organization will do its due diligence.
- Detroit Lions coach Matt Patricia said Wednesday that a rep from his team would be in attendance
- Atlanta Falcons coach Dan Quinn said he is sure his team will have someone at Kaepernick’s workout, which is being held at the team’s facility.
- Also being represented, The Washington Redskins, a team spokesman said.
No word on what other teams are showing some interest.
Along with a former teammate, Kaepernick filed a grievance against the league through the NFL Players Association. Alleging collusion among team owners to deny them a job, both players reached undisclosed settlements with the NFL.
For more Entertainment News check us out at drenchedinblack.com. It’s your brand new destination for hot black celebrity news.