Alfre Woodard is starring in a new movie, ‘Clemency.’ Receiving positive reviews from critics, much praise is given to Woodard herself.
Alfre Woodard Shines In New Movie
Woodard plays a Death Row Prison Warden by the name of Bernadine Williams. Highly stressed in her job, she has to deal with her own demons while tasked with executing an inmate.
CAST OF CHARACTERS
- Alfre Woodard as Warden Bernadine Williams
- Wendell Pierce as Jonathan Williams
- Aldis Hodge as Anthony Woods
- Richard Schiff as Marty Lumetta
- Danielle Brooks as Evette
- LaMonica Garrett as Logan Cartwright
- Michael O’Neill as Chaplain Kendricks
- Vernee Watson-Johnson as Mrs. Collins
- Dennis Haskins as Mr. Collins
- Richard Gunn as Thomas Morgan
- Alma Martinez as Ms. Jaminez
Clemency Receives Rave Reviews
“ONE OF THE GREATEST ROLES OF ALFRE WOODARD’S CAREER” – The Los Angeles Times
“A SUPERBLY CRAFTED FILM” – The Hollywood Reporter
“ALDIS HODGE IS INCREDIBLE” – The Playlist
ALFRE WOODARD IS NOTHING SHORT OF BRILLIANT” – RogerEbert.com
Check out the trailer below.
Distributed by NEON, this movie is already winning awards –
- Chinonye Chukwu won the Dramatic Competition Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival in February
- Alfre Woodard won 2nd Place for Best Actress at the Seattle International Film Festival in June
- Aldis Hodge won 4th Place for Best Actor at the Seattle International Film Festival in June
While Woodard is in the starring role, this film was written an directed by Chinonye Chukwu, with Cinematography done be Aldis Hodge.
Clemency will be released on December 27th.
For more Entertainment News check us out at drenchedinblack.com. It’s your brand new destination for hot black celebrity news.