Janet Jackson announces new music and summer tour. The ‘Black Diamond World Tour’ will start in Miami this summer.
Janet Jackson Says She’s “Incredibly Strong,” like a Black Diamond
Guess whose coming to a town near you? That’s right, Michael Jackson’s baby sister, Janet (Miss Jackson, if you Nasty)!
Announcing the news herself via her website, Janet Jackson stated that her tour will be called ‘Black Diamond’ and kicking off in Miami.
But an even bigger footnote was beneath the tour news, NEW MUSIC FROM JANET!! Actively working on a new album with the same name as the tour, Janet will be touring North America.
As reported by Pitchfork, the singer promises to include the new music. But along with the rest of her songs on her discography, there will be a “special performance of Rhythm Nation 1814,” which was released some 30 years ago.
Here’s the schedule –
“Black Diamond World Tour”
- 6/24 – Miami, FL @ American Airlines Arena
- 6/26 – Orlando, FL @ Amway Center
- 6/27 – Tampa, FL @ Amalie Arena
- 6/29 – Atlanta, GA @ State Farm Arena
- 7/1 – Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena
- 7/3 – New Orleans, LA @ Essence Festival*
- 7/5 – Greensboro, NC @ Greensboro Coliseum Complex
- 7/7 – Washington, D.C. @ Capital One Arena
- 7/9 – Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center
- 7/10 – Pittsburgh, PA @ PPG Paints Arena
- 7/12 – Newark, NJ @ Prudential Center
- 7/14 – New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
- 7/17 – Mashantucket, CT @ The Grand Theater at Foxwoods Resort Casino*
- 7/18 – Boston, MA @ TD Garden
- 7/21 – Buffalo, NY @ KeyBank Center
- 7/22 – Toronto, ON @ Scotiabank Arena
- 7/25 – Cincinnati, OH @ Cincinnati Music Festival
- 7/27 – Chicago, IL @ United Center
- 7/28 – Cleveland, OH @ Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse
- 7/31 – St. Louis, MO @ Enterprise Center
- 8/1 – Louisville, KY @ KFC Yum! Center
- 8/3 – Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Center
- 8/5 – Houston, TX @ Toyota Center
- 8/7 – San Antonio, TX @ AT&T Center
- 8/9 – Phoenix, AZ @ Gila River Arena
- 8/10 – San Diego, CA @ Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl San Diego State University
- 8/12 – Los Angeles, CA @ STAPLES Center
- 8/15 – Anaheim, CA @ Honda Center
- 8/17 – Sacramento, CA @ Golden 1 Center
- 8/18 – San Jose, CA @ SAP Center at San Jose
- 8/20 – Portland, OR @ Moda Center
- 8/22 – Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena
- 8/23 – Tacoma, WA @ Tacoma Dome
Janet Headlining Stops At New Orleans’ Essence Festival and Cincinnati’s Music Festival
Included in tour stops, will be headlining performances at New Orleans’ Essence Festival and Cincinnati’s Cincinnati Music Festival.
When explaining why she titled her tour, Black Diamond, Janet explains to Jimmy Fallon on The Tonight Show –
“It’s the toughest of the stones—of the diamonds—to cut. And I heard that immediately as it’s hardest to hurt and destroy. And I’ve come to realize in recent years that I’m incredibly strong. U see myself as this rock.”
Presales for her new tour starts today, February 11th, and for the public, you can buy tickets starting February 13th. European and additional tour dates to be announced, according to her website, janetjackson.com.
Are you ready for the high energy performance of Janet and company?
For more Entertainment News check us out at drenchedinblack.com. It’s your brand new destination for hot black celebrity news.