Halle Berry in new Netflix movie, “Bruised”. Also, this film marks Berry’s directorial debut.
Halle Berry In Directorial Debut WIth “Bruised” on Netflix
Halle Berry is wearing multiple hats in her new film.
She is the star in Netflix sports drama, Bruised.
Additionally, it serves as Berry’s debut as a director.
So What’s It All About?
Gorgeous actress Halle Berry gets down and dirty in this new flick. Appearing bruised and battered comes with the territory when you are playing the role as a MMA fighter.
In Bruised, Halle plays Jackie Justice, a fighter known as “Pretty Bull”.
Four years after forfeiting a major fight, circumstances pull Pretty Bull back into the ring.
Before that though, Jackie Justice makes her living as a housecleaner and relies on alcohol to cope with her daily life.
The drama ensues due to the arrival of her son, Manny, which she has not seen since he was an infant.
“A disgraced MMA fighter finds redemption in the cage and the courage to face her demons when the son she had given up as an infant unexpectedly reenters her life.”
- Halle Berry as Jackie “Pretty Bull” Justice
- Danny Boyd, Jr. as Jackie’s son, Manny
- Shamier Anderson as Immaculate (an MMA league owner)
- Adan Canto as Desi (Jackie’s manager)
- Sheila Atim as Bobbi Buddhakan Berroa
- Stephen McKinley Henderson as Pops (a seasonal trainer)
- Adriane Lennox as Angel McQueen (Jackie’s mother)
- Valentina Shevchenko as Lucia “Lady Killer” Chavez (a top Argentinian fighter)
- Lela Loren as Mrs. Bradshaw
Check out the trailer below –
For more Entertainment News check us out at drenchedinblack.com. Your brand new destination for hot, black celebrity news.